Monday, March 18, 2019

Mixed Media Monday. Deal me in!!!

Afternoon, thanks for popping in!

Something new to me today.
Some of you know I play Poker regularly, I don't smoke cigars and drink Bourbon while playing though lol.
Anyway, we get new cards each season, and the old ones, which are made of plastic, end up in the bin, but last night I swiftly intercepted and salvaged the old cards when it dawned on me that they are the same size as ATC's! I love a bit of recycling.
So I raided my scrap box (twice in a week, I know right?)


I had a great time making these, it gives me a lot of pleasure to save something from landfill, yep i'm a bit of an eco geek. 
I just stuck my scrap backgrounds onto the playing cards and trimmed. And went from there.
This one is an ancient jelly plate painty scrap, and a couple of trees embossed with distress powder and cut out, then I added a tiny bit of stamped inca gold, it looks much brighter in the flesh.

This one was a tag background that I did a paint/ink resist, then added background stamping and added the little tag with the fob watch and key, little bit of inca gold in a couple of places, glossy accents to the watch face, done!

And Iv'e added my name to the back so you can still see its a recycled card, I think that will be my new ATC signature lol.

That's all for now, I have to get back to my desk and finish 3 more of these to send off to my swap partner for March. Then I have some actual work to do.

Maria x

4 comments:

  1. Very eco friendly. What a fabulous use of something that was going in the bin. End result is great. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Idea Maria. I sometimes use my older deck of cards for men's cards. With a little mixing they look ok.
    Have a lovely day.

    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic idea, I like to recycle and reuse as much as possible x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely brilliant. I have stuff in my craft room to upcycle but that's as far as it goes at the moment. 😂😂 xxx

    ReplyDelete