Friday, January 4, 2019

Finish it Friday 1

Hello and thanks for stopping by!
When I was constructing my new blog, one of the themes I definitely wanted to bring along from the old blog was Finish it Friday, this is where I rummage through my box of scraps, part finished odds and generally unloved bits and bobs, and then I create something.

So this is Finish it Friday 1.
I started with a couple of straight forward bits...
I have no idea where the embossed panel came from, I must look and see if its a folder that I do actually own, because I love my finished piece.
The stamped panel has been in the box for a long time, the stamp is Snowdrops from the Wildflower set, can you see the splash mark at the bottom?
So I simply trimmed the grubby bit off the bottom and re-edged with sharpie pen.
I used one of my favourite Clarity text stamps, but only wanted the Best Wishes, so left the  'Love and' uninked, theres nice spacing between the lines on this stamp so its easy to just ink up in part.
I wrapped a bit of twine around the bottom of the panel, and then added it to the embossed piece, all mounted up onto an A5 card blank ready to give away!
That's all for today, come back soon!

14 comments:

  1. Now Maria, you have really made me feel guilty when I think of my 'bits box' and all those unfinished projects! This is a fabulous recovery of your splash marked original. Love the deep embossing on your card - which DC machine did you use? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea which machine, i have got grand calibur, cuttlebug, ebosser and Gemini, I now mainly use Gemini at home though.��

      Delete
    2. Love this Maria you have given me food for thought. Will be watching for more of your blogs

      Delete
  2. Love it Maria. I keep my bits box just under my desk next to me so I can access it at all times. Brilliant result!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Maria. I wish I could make my bits and bobs look this flippin good!! 😁😁😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful and elegant card. That embossing folder is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm glad you got to finish it. It's a gorgeous card and you do need to find that embossing folder. I have a lot of secret stuff to do today .. Well for the next few days I think.
    See you soon. Love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really love this Maria ... aren't snowdrops just the most perfect little flowers. xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been finishing off too, but nothing unloved about my project. I will show it later.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Maria, must go thro my stash and have a sort out too x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! We all have a box with unfinished items and l think Finish it Friday could be something l will copy.

    Love your finished card Maria. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card and great to see your blog about again xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that stamp Maria... given me inspiration..thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely. Looks almost 3D. Made sure I have added your blog to the list on my blog. Great to see you blogging again. xx

    ReplyDelete