Monday, March 11, 2019

Another Mixed Media Monday

Good Morning, hope you had a nice weekend and are ready to tackle a new week!
TV prep for me today and tomorrow, ready for Wednesday, but before I get started I'll blog...

I did this canvas using the lovely frameless Garden Heart stencil with Grunge paste.
Painted over with black paint when dry, then quite carefully added watery Inca Gold in all the little crevices of the design. Dry brushed a little Inca over the edges.
The sentiment is stamped onto some scraps of brown cotton using Archival ink, actually I stamped direct onto the canvas first but it didn't go so well, so a cover up job was needed!
Finally mounted onto a 8 inch white canvas, done!

Thanks for stopping by, hope you can come back tomorrow for some Grooviness.

Maria x

7 comments:

  1. Like your rescue idea.. I shall be home Wednesday so will watch your shows. Good luck with the prep. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is beautiful Maria. You do love your Inca Gold don't you? Mine would never look this good. Lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this piece, I really must get my inca stuff out. I moved them on Saturday when I was having a major tidy up. Nothing much was removed as not required but I can see the floor & my desk !! Have a great two days prepping & look forward to the shows. All on to record as well. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's beautiful Maria. I had to look twice as the heart design looks like it's raised up yet I know it can't be if you've used the stencil. Top job!
    Looking forward to seeing what you do with your demos on Wednesday!
    Love and hugs Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful creation Maria. Looking forward to tomorrow and some Groovi inspiration.

    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Maria,
    Lovely canvas, I have this stencil and stamp set and really like the way you have done the sentiment. Hope all goes we with the prep and safe journeys too.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your cover up idea, the frayed cotton goes really well. Not yet ventured into mixed media (I don't like getting messy hands... sad aren't I?) but this canvas would go well in my little crafty den! xx

    ReplyDelete