Sunday, January 13, 2019

Speed Craft Sunday 1

Morning!
I had an idea for another regular feature for my new bloggy, yep its called Speed Craft Sunday.
The idea is quite literally to create a project very quickly-we all have that occasion when we need a card fast don't we.

So here is instalment number 1, i'm actually trying to get ahead with my cards for the next couple of months.

I started with...

 My trusty brick wall stencil, some stencil card, Wee Fairies stamps, Wordchain stamps, Wordchain Alphabet stamps, I love those for personalising cards!


I stamped the text first in Cornflower archival ink, it doesnt look very blue in the pic but it is.


Next i stamped the fairies in black, then added a few stars in Buttercup.


I added a touch of colour with my stencil brushes, but didnt add any fresh ink, just what was left on the brushes, nice and subtle that way.


Edge in black sharpie pen and mount onto an 8 inch card blank.
It was so quick to make, i thought id add a touch of colour on the inside too...

Hope you like it!
I found a handful of challenges to enter...

Love to Craft  Anything Goes
The Happy Craft Challenge {love the name} Anything Goes
Artistic Stamper  Anything Goes
Crafty Catz  Anything Goes, optional twist Birthdays

And can i just say a little thank you to the volunteers at Paper Playful, they spend the time collating tons of challenges every single day so they are easy to find in one place, Thanks ladies!

Thanks for popping in, i really appreciate your visit!

Maria x

21 comments:

  1. I love this. D'ya know what? I wish I lived inside your head sometimes!! Lol Utterly brilliant. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Maria! I'm doing a little card workshop for my charity on Friday, so will be taking these supplies with me along with some inspirational quotes - we're trying to beat the January blues by sharing some kindness and friendship in a card x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that! I do like quick ! Must use the stencils more to add background this year.

    Thanks for blogging x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. Great idea for a quick card which still looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card Maria and so quick to make...I'll be copying this if you don't mind x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card Maria and so quick to make...I'll be copying this if you don't mind x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That brick stencil is just so useful. I love what you have done here with the fairies too. xxx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing this lovely card. I have been so busy Grooviing that I have neglected my stamps and stencils. I love what you do.X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card and such a great idea to have a speed-crafting session - I could definitely do with some lessons in quick makes because, even when I need a card that day ,I still find myself dilly-dallying, faffing about with layout etc!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card, thanks for sharing it with us. I am off to check my stencils out, I am sure I must have the brick wall one as I seem to have loads in the folders on my desk !! I am really enjoying reading everyone's blog over the last few days. Only thing is breakfast is taking twice as long !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. loving your blogs Maria - between you and Jane you are giving me so many ideas. Intend to spend this afternoon crafting - having a go at the groovi queen plates

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fab idea for speedy Sunday and the resulting card is wonderful. Thank you for taking part in the January "Love To Craft Challenge". DT Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice idea!! Love the colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful, a beautiful quick card and one of my favourite stencils as well. I like that you have used it on the inside as well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Maria, a simple but effective card, love the added stencil work just gives a little pop. Thanks for joining in on the Anything goes Challenge at the Happy Craft Challenge Community

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful creation :) Thank you for joinig in The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge

    ReplyDelete