Saturday, February 9, 2019

Stencil Saturday, Powdered inks challenge

Hello, thanks for joining me!
I spotted the latest challenge over on CAS Stencil Challenge blog, the theme this time is powdered inks, and it always involves a stencil, right up my street!

So i had a flip through my Clarity stencils, and decided to use a New Design Club stencil from about a year ago, ish?
And i thought my Infusions would be good, especially as iv'e left my brusho and colour bursts at work, also i have a single random sparkle powder so i threw a bit of that in too.

I used a little piece of watercolour card, i bought two little pads of it really cheap when  was at Event City craft show with my mate Jane Telford last week.
I just lay my stencil over the card, sprayed with water and sprinkled with the powders.
I got a very cool mop up piece too, thats gone in THE pile, you know the pile i mean dont you lol.

The colours on this are actually really lovely but the picture is a bit rubbish, especially when you consider i bought a mini light tent...Maybe the camera on my ipad is the problem, maybe i need to get a decent camera instead?
The A5 carb blank is a nice bottle green, not black.
Shame the metallic from the shimmer powder doesnt show up on the picture, but hey ho!

The challenge lasts for a month and you can enter a couple of times too.

Im off to write this card out now, i know exactly who it is for, i think she will like it.

Enjoy your saturday folks, hopefully see you tomorrow for another Speed Craft Sunday, time permitting.

Maria xx

13 comments:

  1. I love this. So clean and smart looking. I am NOT asking you about powder inks!!! I'M NOT!!! xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea Maria. I haven't tried powdered paints through a stencil before. I will have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is really pretty, I am going to go & dig my powders out & have a play

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this will.be trying it out xx thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is lovely and I have to admit that is another stencil I have not used even though I think it is lovely. Fabulous idea Maria. Thank-you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Maria that is lovely and such a cool way of using stencils. I will have a go at this for sure!
    Love the finished card...……….even if it does look black (ha ha)

    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Maria, I love the effect you got with the powders and stencil, beautiful! Yes I know what you mean about the pile :) Thank you for sharing your creativity at CAS Stencil Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your positive stencil image using Infusions turned out beautifully, Maria. I love your elegant framing too. TFS and joining us at CAS Stencil Card Challenge. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fab Maria! And great to see that you're using the products you bought last week.
    Love and hugs Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Maria!! Love how you've used your infusions adding it to the wet surface. I have not done that through a stencil and need to give it a try. The image is beautiful and so are the colours. Perfect with your dark green frame and gold framing. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely leafy stem you stenciled here with your pretty powder colors Maria! Cameras often do funny things like showing your green paper as black - and not picking up shimmer! But your card looks beautiful here regardless! thanks for sharing with us at CAS Stencil!

    ReplyDelete