Friday, March 15, 2019

Finish it Friday 11



Happy almost afternoon!
Nope I haven't only just got out of bed, iv'e been busy, honest.
Friday then, when I trawl through the mountain of unloved, forgotten, rejected and generally abandoned pieces in my workroom.

I thought id show you two projects today, because the first one was already not needing much to finish it, it had already started out as a mop up piece then I added some stencilling, then for some reason just flung it back in the box.

See what I mean?
I paired it up with an inky mop up that id stamped a butterfly on.

Bit of shimmer on the butterfly and a sentiment...
Done! I really like this one.
The stencil is called Floral Heart.

The next project matches quite nicely I think...
More orange, my favourite! And more inky butterflies.
The waste from a big Sizzix postage stamp die cut, and a piece with heat embossed sentiments sprayed with inks for a resist, that has been in the box forever!



I really didn't know what to do with the resist piece for so long, but I got there in the end, and I love this!
When I create the cards from my F.I.F box, I make them just for pleasure, no deadlines, no work projects intended (although there's been a handful that iv'e considered for class), just pleasure, and then I find I don't want to part with them, but do give them away to nice people who I like!

Hope you like! Now go raid your scraps and make something cool, just for pleasure.

Thanks for stopping by, hope you can come back tomorrow for Stencil Saturday.

Maria x

5 comments:

  1. Both projects are great Maria, but I really like the second one with the resist background. I love how you have patchworked all the sentiments so beautifully.Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love the second one. It just works together so well. Brilliant ideas. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just catching up as I was at the show yesterday. I think both projects are fantastic & we wouldn't know they were out of your scrap box if you hadn't of told us. The pieces look as if they were meant to be. Now to see what you have got up to today x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maria,
    Two beautiful projects, love them both.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Friday again ………...and two more beautiful works of art. I do love both projects, but think if I was pushed to choose it would be the first one...………..or maybe the second one. Hey I love them both Maria!

    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete