Monday, February 18, 2019

Mixed Media Monday 1

Good Morning!
And welcome to a new feature on my blog, Mixed Media Monday.
I actually love creating mixed media art, especially if i can incorporate some recycling, but my time is usually taken up with general stamping projects and Groovi, so not too much time for mixed media.

So first instalment is a mirror, i do like doing mirrors and clocks because i can give them as presents.
This is one i demonstrated on telly a while ago...


I started with some paste through the Woodland Wildlife stencil.


Then painted over with chalk paints.

Add some Inca Gold to the raised areas, and a few splashes of white paint.

You can also make a spray with Inca Gold, just plash a little around here and there, done!

Hope you like it!

Thanks for popping in, hope you can come back soon, not sure if i will manage a Groovi Tuesday tomorrow as ill be in Evesham.

Maria x



8 comments:

  1. I loved watching you make this on TV. It looked fabulous then and still does now. Where did you get the frame/mirror from please?? Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely frame. Inca Gold in a spray is so effective. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched you do this on TV it looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember you demoing this. It's lovely. Great gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this project, makes such a difference to the frame that no one would know how it started out. Hope to see you tomorrow but having problems with my back. I haven't booked a place yet but fingers crossed it will be ok & I will keep an eye on the bookings during today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a fabulous project Maria! It turns a cheap mirror into something much more classy! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well that is beautiful Maria. What a great idea.

    Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow for more wonderful ideas with Groovi.

    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete