Saturday, February 23, 2019

Stencil Saturday, with a bit of velum.

Good Morning!
Its getting to be quite regular this blogging malarky isn't it.
Saturday then, stencils...
And I spotted a challenge over at CAS on Friday blog using velum on your card, so I thought Id have a go at that too.

Dark pictures again! and the cards are quite nice too.

I used a plate to cut the shape into my cards, i couldn't decide which way i wanted the curve so i did both.

I also cut a copy paper mask too, lay it over the inside of the card and stencilled with purple ink. The stencil is a Clarity New Design Club stencil.

I found a few butterflies cut from velum, added purple ink to the back layer.


I brushed purple in to the front of the card, darker from the curve, getting lighter.

The second example, I also added a velum overlay to mute the stencilling a bit.


 I used Vine Leaf strip stencil for this one.

That's it for today, have a great day.

Maria x

4 comments:

  1. Two very different but totally beautiful cards. Love them both and those little butterflies are so lovely. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Maria. I am just starting to get into using stencils on my cards love the techniques hx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both versions Maria. Thanks for sharing the techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found this blog! Did not expect Friday, Saturday and Sunday .........but so glad you have!!
    Love this technique. Will have a try at this one.

    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete