Friday, January 25, 2019

Finish it Friday 4

Hello and thanks for stopping by for another Finish it Friday.

Iv'e really been looking forward to showing you this one.

I was prepping some samples for Leonie's Hochanda shows (Today 8am and 4pm), her new frameless stencils are very cool.  So i was playing with the Gel plate and ended up with tons of surplus bits-great opportunity for a Finish it Friday project I thought!

So this is what i started with...


The more colourful piece was the 'blot', the pale piece was just cleaning the stencil with a spray of water, and the lovely die cut is from the Daisy fresh cut die.

I trimmed off a strip of the colourful piece and brushed a little Blaze ink to take the whiteness away. Edge in black sharpie.

For the pale clean up piece, I just laid the stencil back over the card, lined it up and brushed a touch of Blaze ink and some lilac ink, i left the edges alone so the colour faded away.



Add a few splatters using the same red and lilac ink on a paintbrush.

Edge the card with black sharpie, add the brighter strip and tuck in part of the die cut.



Add a die cut sentiment, maybe a couple of 'coffee cup' style stains, wrap some twine around and bang the whole thing on an 8 inch card blank!
I loved this one so much played with the gel plate some more so i could replicate the card so i had one to give Leonie for her show and one for me to keep for my birthday card stash.


Hope you like it!

Maria x

10 comments:

  1. I really do wish my brain worked like yours does!! This is fabulous. Love it. Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this card, I have to catch up with Leonie but all the DT samples are fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!! Love the way your creativity works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and me both, Dawn. I love how Maria can see so many ways of using everything. Lovely designs, Maria. xxx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card. Glad you're blogging again and I've found you! Looking forward to tomorrow's class xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally... found your new blog and have just read thro' all the posts so I'm now up to date! Not commented on the other post but have to say Mrs M loving what you've shown so far and looking forward to seeing more. Keep up the good work....now trying to decide whether or not to begin blogging again myself.... hmmnn will need to think about it a little longer methinks! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful Finish It Friday card. Love the colour and the stencil effect. Looking forward to more inspiration.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's blooming fantastic artwork! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! I wondered where you were going for a while, but the end result is just fantastic x

    ReplyDelete