Sunday, January 20, 2019

Speed Craft Sunday 2

Evening!
Better late than never? Its been a busy day, class at Preston actually, but i did manage to make a speedy card while the ladies were busy crafting away...

So i had my precious Pan Pastels on the desk, and my beloved Deerscape stamps, soooo...


I took a piece of linen card, sectioned off an area with low tac tape and sponged yellow pastel.


Then i borrowed the Leafy Swirl stencil from my good bud Susan 10 Toes, i sponged versamark through the stencil, lightly though, i only want a bit of subtle texture.
Remove the stencil and rub over the card with a sponge without adding any more pastel, subtle see?

Reposition the tape to work on the top area, sponge a good amount of red and yellow pastel, then blend together in circly movements. Yes circly is a word, i just invented it!
Some stamping, now the thing you gotta remember with linen card is when you stamp you need to press firmly to get past all the lovely texture, this is where my stamp platform is invaluable.

A cool trick for the moon, place the waste from punching out moon masks on the card and use a pencil eraser to remove the pastel.
Cherry Blossom foliage and a cool sentiment, edge in black sharpie pen and slap it on a A5 card, good to go!

Hope you like it, thanks for popping in.
And also, incase you didnt know, our Paul Church is on Hochanda with the current One Day Special, hes covering for someone who has had to cancel, so bless him! He will no doubt have some cool demonstrations, check him out if you can.

Maria x

10 comments:

  1. I bloody love this. Fab colours and so simple too. Awesome. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looked even better in real life!!!
    Maria isn't kidding when she says it's a quick make... One minute she says I'm making a card next min it's there on her table finished.
    Fabulous workshop today!!! Can't wait til the next one. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card Maria, thanks for sharing. Have the ODS shows on to record & even managed to watch the 8pm USA live show on rewind by changing the currency & country of my basket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, Maria. I think I might have to go back to messy play for a while. I really had a blast using the pastels at your last class. Thanks for sharing. xxx Maggie (Silvercrafter)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! Love this very much! Had a wonderful day and thank you!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Maria. I finished off all my cards from your last class and pleased with them all. Hope your ladies enjoyed their class. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card Maria .. and wht a great class one of the best 😀

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this technique. Going to give it a go. Thanks Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm of upstairs to find my Pan Pastels. I have neglected them and they are a fantastic way to make backgrounds. Love your card Maria and I have all the ingredients. Thank you for the inspiration. X

    ReplyDelete